Monday, January 4, 2010

I'd like to get hawks to roost on my property to control the squirrel population. Any suggestions?

First of all, hawks are an endangered species, so any interference with them at all is against the law.


Look up the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened


Species.


If you want to get rid of the squirrel population, go to a garden supply store like Agway, buy a bottle of coyote


urine, seriously, and put it around your property in littke containers that hang from bushes, trees, etc. I swear on a stack of Bibles that this works. I have not had a squirrel in my yard for 2 hyears, and I live in the middle if nowhere in VT. I was originally using the uribe to get rid of skunks, which works really well. Fox urine is also recommended, but the coyote works better.


This is a lot easier than trying to get a wild hawk to roost on your property, trust me.


The urine does not bother house pets or birdies. But, you out the urine out, and it makes skunks/squirrels/rodents think a fox or coyote has marked this territory as his own. It is not expensive either.I'd like to get hawks to roost on my property to control the squirrel population. Any suggestions?
Thx for taking the time to write. My property is 100+ acres and already has coyotes, bobcats and mountain lions (not to mention our Labs) wandering around, and that hasn't intimidated the squirrels. I need more predators - but not those who will eat my dogs!

Report Abuse


  • blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment