Monday, January 4, 2010

What are some great Pellet gun rifles and pistols that I can get for squirrel control in my backyard?

The squirrels in my backyard suck up the bird seed in the bird feeders so I think they should also suck up some lead pellets before I throw 'em on my parents stainless steel grill! So what are some powerful pellet gun rifles and pistols that I can purchase that arn't above $300.





And if you know of any gun-replica pellet gun pistols or rifles that are good then you get extra brownie points!What are some great Pellet gun rifles and pistols that I can get for squirrel control in my backyard?
Its been my experience that the 177 preformed better for me.


I get a faster muzzle velocity and much deeper penetration with the 177.


I first tried a 22 thanking it would be better, I was incorrect.


My son came over with his 177 Gamo and had me try it out.


Both weapons were scope mounted and very accurate.


I was impressed to see that the 177 was blowing completely through the squirrels chest cavity and resulting in 1 shot clean kills on the 4 squirrels that gave me a shoot around my house.


Luckily I had barrowed the 22 cal from a friend to try out to see if I liked it, and I did not.


I went out and bought a Gamo and mounted a scope on it and have rid my surrounding yard of squirrels and rabbits and a few snakes, only one required a follow up shot and that was a rabbit that happened to turn away from me just as I shoot.


But I do prefer the 177 at 1000 to 1200 fps at those speeds the cant help but blow all the way through your target.











D58What are some great Pellet gun rifles and pistols that I can get for squirrel control in my backyard?
I have the quest 1000x pellet gun and i really like it will take out squirrels no problem.

Report Abuse



There are no pellet guns which can be HUMANELY used on squirrels. At best you will be leaving wounded or injured animals running around. Anytime you raise a gun pointed at any animal you must be positive that you can dispatch the animal as quickly and humanely as possible. As hunters and shooters we have an obligation to killed without undue pain. If there is any doubt at all do not shoot. I would suggest a humane live trap to round them up.
Whatever gun you purchase just be sure to get the pellets that are designed for hunting, they come either pointed or hollow point, they get the job done.
Um... if your looking for power and you want it relatively cheap, go with the Crosman Quest 1000. If you want a scope get the Quest 1000X. My friend has this gun and loves it.This is a break barrel gun, meaning you wont need to buy Co2. Get some good pointed or hallow point pellets and this will work well. Since this gun goes 1000 FPS, it should kill squirrels easily. Some really good, powerful pellets are the gamo raptor pellets. For some great deals go to www.airgundepot.com. You can find replica guns there too, such as the Walther PPK. I hope this helps!
The old Crossman 760 did all of my squirrel killing many years ago. Took off a few tails by accident when I missed the body. Steel BB's are best. Pellets are hard to get used to but if that's all you shoot then you'll know your Kentucky windage and elevation. I bought a newer Crossman 760 a few years ago but it doesn't like BB's. The old barrels were solid steel and the newer barrels are too thin and less accurate for BB's. Might be my eyes are not as sharp, either.
Benjamin is the best-not sure of price------if you cant get a Benjamin get a good quality pump action.
For squirrel control most .177 caliber air guns can do the job,


but to really take them out, use a .22. If you want a very good


.177 the Crosman 1377 is a very good choice.


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


You can also get a stock for it to turn it into a carbine rifle.


I have a modified version of this gun and it's dead nuts accurate and has a effective range of 35 yrds.


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


If you want more power and don't mind pumping, you can't go wrong with a classic in either .177 or .22.


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


Both a very good and very accurate, I have one of each, and have been shooting my dad's gun since I was 8 yrs old.


If you want very good quality and high performance, I'd go with these.


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.鈥?/a>


The Beemans are very high quality adult air guns. They are made by Weihrauch in Germany. The Stingray is made by Webley of England. These guns are some of the best that you can buy. Very accurate, very powerful and can take squirrel out to 45-50 yrds, if you can hit them. Just remember that at those ranges you'll need a good scope that is springer rated. You can't just use any rifle scope. Adult air guns are quite diffrent, they have a forward/reverse recoil that can break scopes, no kidding. I've broken, rather my rifles have


broken a few scopes because of this.


I own all of the guns that I've recommended and they all can


take small animals very easily, but only if you are accurate


with the gun.


Also something to remember, don't belive the velocity numbers that the manufactures or anyone else says what


the gun shoots. They say that as a way to increase sales.


They use the lightest pellets when they do their tests, and because of that the gun isn't very accurate. High muzzle velocity, light pellets, the pellet fly off in any direction. It's


common knowledge in the air gun world. Some thing else to think of. When you get a gun, try diffrent pellets until you find one that your gun likes. Something else I had to learn when I got into air guns, not all pellets work. Some work much better than others. I found that Beeman Feild Target Specials in .177 and .22 work very well. It's kinda like the standard pellet to shoot when getting a new gun. All of us air gunners


will start with this pellet first. Most, if not all air guns shoot this


pellet very well, then we try others to see what else works.


Good luck.


Want to learn more about adult air guns?


Go here, the top air gunners from around the world come here


everyday, learn from the best.


http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/

No comments:

Post a Comment